Baked apple cider donuts are the perfect combination of the flavors of fall’s apple cider and cinnamon, in a crisp delicious treat. Whip these up in about half an hour!
Homemade Apple Cider Donuts
This post contains affiliate links. Learn more and read our full disclosure policy here.
so when I’m craving the best fall flavors during the autumn apple season — donuts are the answer!
These apple cider donuts get their yummy sweetness from real apple cider combined with earthy delicious cinnamon — in both the donuts and the glaze. Perfection!
How to Make Baked Homemade Donuts
The key to homemade baked donuts is the pan — no frying in hot oil is easier and healthier, too.
This pan set has a large donut pan and a mini donut pan, plus the piping bags and a spatula to make it easy!
To start your donuts, you’ll cream the butter and sugar, then add eggs, then buttermilk and cooled apple cider.
Then whisk together the remaining dry ingredients (flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and spices) and mix them into the wet ingredients.
Pipe the donuts into the pan using a pastry bag and bake to perfection.
More delicious fall apple recipes:
Baked Apple Cider Donuts with Cinnamon Sugar Glaze
Apple Cider Donuts
- 1 cup apple cider
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- ¼ cup unsalted butter melted and cooled
- 2 large eggs room temperature, beaten
- ½ cup buttermilk
- 3 ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon ** see notes
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon salt
Coating & Glaze
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 3 Tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter melted for dipping
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 Tablespoon milk
- 1 Tablespoon apple cider
Add apple cider to small saucepan
Bring to boil over medium high heat and cook until reduced to ¼ cup, about 10 minutes
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
Coat donut pans with non-stick cooking spray
In a large bowl, beat sugar and butter until combined
Add eggs and mix until well combined
Add buttermilk and reduced apple cider and mix until well combined
In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda and spices
Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and stir just until combined
Fill donut pan about ½ full ** see notes
Bake for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned
Cool on wire rack for 5 minutes
Remove from pan
Combine cinnamon sugar coating or glaze in a medium bowl ** see notes for glaze
Melt butter in microwave safe bowl and cool slightly
Dip donuts in cooled butter and immediately coat both sides with cinnamon sugar mixture and set on a wire rack
Serve warm or room temperature
Store leftovers in airtight container
- Spices – can also use 1 ½ teaspoons apple pie spice in place of cinnamon and nutmeg
- Donut pan – to make filling the pan easier, use a plastic decorator bag or resealable bag
- Glaze – Add powdered sugar to medium bowl, add milk and juice and whisk until smooth. Add additional liquid if the glaze is too thick. Dip donuts top side down into glaze and place on a wire rack to drip off excess.
Please pin this to save it for later and share!