DIY Sharpie Mugs are a great idea for a valentine gift for your special someone. Personalize a mug with your own personalized touches. We will show you how to make your own sharpie mugs.
Other great DIYs with Sharpies: 15 Sharpie Walls, Faux Bois Pitcher, and Sharpie jewelry dishes.
Silhouette Sharpie Mugs for Valentine’s Day
We have a new tutorial on our YouTube channel today! Have you subscribed? I hope so! We have at least one new video every Saturday! (plus one or two sprinkled in through out the week!)
The tutorial is a fun variation on DIY sharpie mugs, just in time for Valentine’s Day!! Basically, while I was shopping at the craft store I saw some really cool silhouette stickers and they were perfectly inspiring! I knew I had to find a way to use them and this tutorial for DIY sharpie mugs was born!
Please watch the video tutorial and give us a thumbs up!
Sharpie Mug Supplies:
This list may contain affiliate links.
- White (or light colored) Ceramic Mugs
- Silhouette stickers (I bought mine at Hobby Lobby)
- Ceramic Sharpies or Pens
- Optional – Rubbing alcohol (for mistakes!!)
Pro tips if you don’t want to use stickers:
- If you don’t want to buy stickers you could cut out a silhouette of a girl or one of a boy (those are just google searches) and tape it in place, you would just need to be a LOT more careful when you outline it, that the paper doesn’t bend or move in anyway!!
- A sticker machine could be used to create your own sticker using a paper silhouette.
- Or using a cutting machine cut out any silhouette with vinyl and create your own sticker.
Sharpie Mug Instructions:
- Follow the instructions in the video for creating your decorative silhouette sharpie mug!
- When you feel like you have your finished mug design, place it on a cookie sheet and place it in the oven, while the mugs are in the oven, heat the oven to 350° and once it has reached 350°, bake for 30 minutes.
- Then turn off the oven and allow the mug to cool in the oven completely without opening the oven door.
- BAM! You are done!
More great Valentine’s Day Ideas:
Please pin this post for later:
Originally published 2.4.2017 // Updated 1.24.2022